Planning & Zoning
There are certain development processes which require review not only by city staff but also by the Planning & Zoning Commission prior to a vote of the City Council.
The P&Z Commission serves as the recommendation board to the City Council.
For your reference, please see information about building codes and standards at the links below.
Select one of the other tabs above to learn more about the various planning & zoning processes your project may need to go through or to learn more about the commission and its meeting schedule, agendas, and minutes.
Codes & Standards
Rezone and Annexation Process
Required Documents to be Submitted with Application:
- Ownership Report (certified by a Title Company) identifying owner(s) of all fee interests of record
- Legal Description(s) for all area(s) to be rezoned (Microsoft Word Format)
- Payment of application fee in amount of $250.00
Preparation Phase (Approx. 30 days)
- Application received for staff review and preparation for hearings
- Provide notice of hearing for publication in a local newspaper at least 15
- Provide notice of hearing to all owners of real estate with 185 of subject
- Posting of notice of public hearing sign on the subject property
Hearing Phase (Approx. 20 days)
- Publicly held before Planning & Zoning Commission
- Planning & Zoning Commission makes Finding of Facts and recommendation
- First Reading of ordinance by City Council
- Second Reading of ordinance and final passage by City Council
Zoning & Special Use $250.00
Lot Split/Minor Subdivision $150.00
Board of Adjustment $200.00
Vacation of Easement $100.00
Preliminary Plat $350.00 (plus $1.00 per lot)
Final Plat $200.00 (plus $1.00 per lot)
Planning & Zoning Commission Meetings are held the first Monday of each month beginning at 7 pm at City Hall. In case the Monday is a holiday, the meeting will be moved to the Tuesday following. Learn more about the P&Z Commission: