All pools in Nixa must have a permit prior to construction.
Pool permit cost: $80
In-ground Pool permit cost: $160
Rules & regulations for in-ground and above-ground swimming pools
All Swimming Pools in residential districts must comply with the street right-of-way setbacks set forth in Article XII, Section 23-219 of Nixa’s Land Development Code. Side lot boundary setback is 5 feet, rear yard setback is 6 feet, and setback from any structure is 5 feet.
When adding electric, it must comply with the 2018 International Residential Codes. GFCI protection is required for all electrical equipment including power supply cords used with storable pools. Extension cords are NOT approved for use with pools!
A minimum of a 48 inch (4 Foot) barrier with a self closing gate must be installed around your pool. Your house can serve as one side of the pools barrier as long as you have an alarm entry for the pool area.
- For above-ground pools: you will need an inspection on the electrical system and barrier/fence (if a new one is installed).
- For in-ground pools: inspections include electrical, barrier/fence (if a new one is installed), and pool bonding.
Building Inspector reserves the right to require extra inspections as they deem appropriate.
Permit & Fees
- Any pool over 24” deep is required to have a permit. You can fill one out online or come in to our office for one.
- All fees are due at the time of application.
- Fees for an above-ground pool permit are $80.
- Fees for an in-ground pool permit are $160.
- Please allow 1-3 business days for the permit to go through the approval process.
- A site drawing is required to be submitted with your permit. Please see the sample site plan drawing below.
Ready to apply for your pool permit?
If you’re ready to apply for your pool permit, please visit myNixa to begin.