Large Item Pick-Up:
Nixa residents may leave 1 large item per week at the curb along with your normal trash cans, and Republic Services will pick it up along with your regular garbage at no additional charge.
- Any non-acceptable items left at the curb will NOT be picked up, and the property owner will be responsible for proper disposal.
- Crews cannot help you move items to the curb.
- If you have many smaller items, please put them into boxes or bags for easier pick-up.
- All trash bags should be tied shut so the wind cannot blow trash around.
Keep in mind Nixa residents may take yard waste and other recyclable items to the Nixa Recycle Center.
If you need to dispose of hazardous waste, please call the
Springfield Household Chemical Collection Center: 417-864-1904 or 417-864-2000.
Acceptable Large Items Include:
- Furniture (indoor or outdoor including couches, tables, chairs, tv stands, etc.)
- Bed frame
- Mattress (must be wrapped in plastic)
- Hand tools
- Electric power tools
- Weed eaters & other gas-powered tools (must be drained of all fuel and oil)
- Flatscreen TV or computer monitor
- Outdoor toys
- Microwave oven
- Grill (no propane tank)
- Or up to 10 additional bags or boxes of waste not to exceed 70 lbs. each
Unacceptable Items Include:
- Propane tanks
- Construction projects / fence / carpet / decks / etc.
- Rocks / bricks / concrete
- Hazardous waste (including paint, oil, aerosol cans, fertilizers, etc.)
- Brush / limbs / yard waste
- Bulk liquids
- No vehicles / large vehicle parts / motors / tires / batteries