Nixa Set to Open Truman Blvd. Tomorrow

Nixa Set to Open Truman Blvd. Tomorrow

June 29, 2023

The Truman Boulevard extension project in Nixa is complete, and the road will open to traffic on Friday, June 30th following a ribbon-cutting ceremony. 

To celebrate the opening of the new roadway and completion of this major project on time and on budget, the City of Nixa and the Nixa Area Chamber of Commerce invite the public to a ribbon cutting tomorrow, Friday, June 30th at 1 p.m. This will be held at the new roundabout located at the Pembrook Ave. and Norton Road intersection. Directly following the ribbon-cutting ceremony, the city will officially open the improved road to traffic. 

This project extends Truman Blvd. south to Norton Road, including improvements along Norton Rd. to the intersection of Pembrook Avenue. 

In addition to the joining of these two roads, new sidewalks connect Highway 14 to Pembrook Avenue, and a roundabout installed at Pembrook and Norton will allow traffic to flow more smoothly through that intersection.

To accommodate future growth, a new water main and electric circuit have been installed along the new roadway. Street lights will also be installed along the roadway once the City of Nixa receives wire which had been ordered but delivery of which has been delayed due to supply chain issues. 

Goals for this road extension included improving street connectivity in Nixa; improving safety of traffic flow by creating a bypass of a narrow, tree-lined section of Norton Rd.; and creating more sidewalk connectivity in Nixa. 

The project’s total cost equaled approximately $2.6M. For the roadway portion, the City of Nixa joined in a cost-share agreement with federal funds providing 80% of the cost. City street department monies covered the remaining 20%, equaling $514,004. Funds were used from the city’s electric and water departments for other infrastructure improvements.