Golf Cart Permit
Apply for a permit to use a golf cart on city streets!
On August 27, 2018, Nixa City Council passed ordinance 20-400 allowing the use of golf carts on city streets with certain restrictions.
A golf cart is defined as a motor vehicle that is designed and manufactured for operating on a golf course for sporting or recreational purposes and that is not capable of exceeding speeds of twenty (20) miles per hour.
(ATVs, side-by-sides and UTVs are NOT considered golf carts and are not eligible for a golf cart permit).
Per city ordinance, the following requirements must be met and followed.
- Golf carts may be operated on streets where the speed limit does not exceed 25 mph.
- Operators may cross excluded streets, but otherwise may not operate on any excluded street.
- Golf cart may not be operated on any state highway.
- All operators must have a valid state operator’s license. (section 20-221)
- All operators must have a valid City of Nixa permit attached to the rear of the golf cart. (section 20-401)
- All operators and passengers shall be seated while the golf cart is in motion.
- All operators and passengers shall be restrained by seat belts or child safety seats.
- All golf carts must be operated in a safe and responsible manner.
- All golf carts may be operated during daytime hours only.
- Golf carts may not be operated at speeds in excess of 20 mph.
- All golf carts must be insured and proof of insurance must be available upon request.
Golf cart permit fee = $15.00 per calendar year
To obtain a permit, you must provide your insurance company and policy number.