Fireworks Stand Permits
If you plan to operate any fireworks stand (from which temporary or seasonal sales of fireworks will occur) inside Nixa city limits, you are required to first apply for a Fireworks Stand Permit.
The base fee for this permit is $100 and an additional $90 electric meter fee may also apply.
Fireworks Stand Permit Requirements:
- Completed permit application.
- Business License Application
- Stand must be in an area zoned for commercial or manufacturing use.
- Detailed Site Plan:
- A legal description of the property where the proposed stand is to be located.
- The dimensions of the lot.
- The location of the proposed fireworks stand & the setbacks from the property lines.
- The location of other business’ or building on the site with distances indicated.
- The location of both the off-street parking area provided (1 space for every 200 sq.ft. of stand area)
- The zoning of the parcel where the stand is to be located.
- Certificate of No Tax Due: (Proof of fireworks tax having been paid to State Dept of Revenue.)
- Copy of Bond or Certificate of Insurance in the amount of ONE MILLION dollars.
- Copy of Retail Sales Tax License
- Current Year Fireworks Permit issued by the Department of Public Safety by the State Fire Marshall. (http://dfs.dps.mo.gov/programs/fireworks/)
- $90.00 payment for temporary electric meter if needed.
- Permit Cost: Fireworks Stand Permit is $100. For business license cost, please contact City Hall at 417-725-3785
Fireworks Stand Hours of Operation:
Hours of operation shall be June 20-July 2, 8:00 A.M. to 11:00 P.M. and July 3-4, 6:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
Ready to apply for your fireworks stand permit?
If you’re ready to apply for your fireworks stand permit, please visit myNixa to begin, or print the pdf form below, complete, and bring to City Hall during normal business hours.