All officers hired at the Nixa Police Department must successfully complete an extensive Field Training Program.
After successful completion of the Field Training Program, new officers will be assigned to one of two squads in the Patrol Division. As a patrol officer, he/she will have to perform a variety of patrol duties. One minute the officer may be investigating a burglary, and the next minute get dispatched to a domestic assault call or a motor vehicle crash.
The primary objective of the Patrol Division is to provide a safe, secure environment for all citizens in the community through community-oriented policing.
Patrol serves the community by:
- Protecting life and property
- Promoting peace and order
- Preventing and detecting crime
- Preserving the safe use of the streets and highways
- Enforcing all federal, state and local laws (click the following link to view our city ordinances)
In 2016, the Patrol Division answered 24,390 calls for service.
In 2017, the Patrol Division answered 25,686 calls for service.
In addition to preventive patrol and answering calls for service, officers are encouraged to spend time meeting, helping and serving the public.