Frequently Asked Questions

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
  • What is municipal court?

    It is a division of the Christian County Circuit Court that handles alleged violations of city ordinances.
  • Is there a way to pay a ticket without appearing in court?

    Some tickets can be paid prior to your court date. For more information contact 417-725-7130. Please allow a few days after receiving a ticket before calling.
  • What type of payment options are available?

    Payments can be made by cash, check, money order, debit card and most major credit cards. Debit and credit card payments are assessed a convenience fee from a third party vendor. A fine schedule is available for reference.

    Payments can be made in person, by mail or in the drop box located outside the court entrance. Payments made by mail or drop box require a signed guilty plea included with the payment. For more information contact 417-725-7130.

  • What is an arraignment?

    After receiving a ticket the defendant is given a date and time to appear before  the judge. The defendant must plead guilty or not guilty during the proceeding, 
  • What if I need to change the date of my arraignment or trial?

    Contact the Municipal Court at 417-725-7130 to determine if you are eligible for a continuance. 
  • What if I do not appear for my arraignment or trial?

    A warrant may be issued for your arrest.
  • What if I do not believe I violated any laws?

    You can plead "not guilty" and a trial date will be set to appear in court.
  • What if I want to plead "guilty"?

    You can plead "guilty" and the judge will assess a penalty based on the offense and within accordance of the law.

    If a defendant is found "guilty" of a moving violation the Department of Revenue will be notified and points will be assessed. Your auto insurance cost may be affected by this conviction.