STRATEGY 1: TRANSPORTATION
The City of Nixa will develop and implement plans to improve connectivity, both internally and externally, for various modes of transportation to reduce congestion and increase safety.
- Develop and implement a long-term transportation master plan that will include a prioritization of projects.
- The city will ensure all standards for transportation projects address safety, congestion, and future capacity by considering pedestrian islands, turn lanes, roundabouts, and other innovative designs.
- The city will implement an asset management tool to evaluate existing and future transportation infrastructure.
- The city will enhance requirements to accommodate pedestrian safety and vehicle capacity around school zones.
STRATEGY 2: COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
The City of Nixa will develop and implement plans to involve citizens and encourage participation.
- Expand and enhance the content of all city communication channels.
- Create a welcoming environment that reflects positive customer service.
- Develop neighborhood networks to engage and inform citizens in all aspects of our community.
- Create partnerships with area businesses and organizations to promote community involvement and encourage volunteerism.
STRATEGY 3: ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
The City of Nixa will develop and implement plans to create an environment to promote business development and encourage business growth.
- Allocate funding for economic growth and business retention.
- Enhance the website to be more effective for businesses.
- Brand Nixa as a city that encourages economic development.
- The city will partner with regional educational entities to train and develop the local workforce and future community/business leaders.
- The city will promote a competitive fiber network(s).
- The city will utilize services of an economic development director for growth of business.
STRATEGY 4: RECREATION
The City of Nixa will develop and implement plans to acquire additional recreational spaces, develop current park properties, and expand recreational services.
- The City of Nixa will establish a park-specific sales tax to fund current programs and future growth.
- The City of Nixa will develop, expand, identify and implement parks department sponsorship opportunities.
- The City of Nixa will identify alternative measures for funding and volunteer options.
- The City of Nixa will create a classification and maintenance matrix for park properties.
- The City of Nixa will develop and offer programs and recreational opportunities that promote social inclusion for all citizens.
- Nixa parks staff will receive additional training in the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and its inclusive practices.
- The City of Nixa will explore options for indoor aquatics.
- The City of Nixa will acquire and develop recreational spaces promoting park connectivity.
- The City of Nixa will develop additional park lands.
- The City of Nixa will develop a dog park.
For the update on projects and a prioritization schedule, click here.