This page was last updated at 3:30 p.m. on April 6, 2020.
Nixa City Hall: Closed but answering phones and email
- Nixa city offices are closed to the public, as well as the recycling center. City Hall and Nixa Utilities are available by phone and email. The drive-thru is also open at utilities. Out of an abundance of caution, we are asking that the public conduct business over the phone (417-725-3785) or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) when possible and you are encouraged to use Nixa.com to complete online applications for permits and business licenses etcetera to help us minimize human contact at City Hall. We have temporarily moved our main entrance one door to the west (where our old Human Resources entrance used to be) because that space allows us to use a glass partition between our staff and the public to further minimize the risk of spreading the coronavirus.
- We have also reduced staffing down to the minimum for essential operations but we are still answering phones and email.
Nixa Utilities: Closed but operational
- The Nixa Utilities billing office is closed to the public but we are still answering phones and emails. We are also accepting bill payments online, by phone, drop box, and drive-thru.
- Nixa Utilities has implemented a bill payment deferment program as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Payment for Nixa Utilities bills are still due according to the due date on your bill, however, no one will incur late penalties until May 1st and we will not shut off utilities for unpaid accounts until May 1st.
- Nixa Utilities is encouraging customers to pay online rather than visiting the utility billing office, so we will provide a $5 credit if you pay online in March and another $5 credit if you pay online in April. Also, if you sign up for the first time for automatic ACH deductions between March 16th and April 30th, we will give a one-time $25 credit to your account. (ACH allows us to automatically deduct your payment each month from your checking account).
- Also, if you apply to establish your utility account by any of the following methods rather than by visiting the utility billing office, we will waive the usual $5 fee for identity verification.
- Leave your application in our drop box outside the Utility Billing office located at 707 W Center Circle.
- Scan and email your application to us (email@example.com)
- Fax your application to us at (417) 725-7132
- Republic Services, the company which provides trash collection to Nixa Utilities customers, is temporarily changing their trash collection route schedules to begin 30 minutes earlier than normal. This is intended to allow their drivers more time to disinfect and clean equipment each day.
Update Regarding Garbage Collection:
The following message is from Republic Services, which provides garbage collection for Nixa Utilities customers:
We’re working hard to serve you with minimal disruption. The recent surge in residential waste and the unique challenges we face require us to make temporary changes to our services.
- Items for disposal must be contained within your cart.
- We ask that you bag all trash and we will not pick up loose trash outside the container.
- Bulk waste and large item programs are suspended.
- We may use alternative disposal methods for recycling if there are disruptions to recycling processing capabilities or if contamination increases.
Nixa Municipal Court: Court dates being rescheduled
- The Supreme Court of Missouri has ordered that all courts reschedule hearings until at least after April 17th.
- See the court calendar here.
- Nixa Municipal Court is rescheduling hearings and is issuing summons letters for all municipal violations to notify you of your new court date if it has been changed. Notify Nixa Municipal Court if you address has changed (so we can be sure you receive your summons) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 417-725-7130.
- All cases which had been set for March 26th hearings are rescheduled to May 14, 2020.
- All cases which had been set for April 9th hearings are rescheduled to May 28, 2020.
- All cases which had been set for April 23rd hearings are rescheduled to June 11, 2020.
Nixa Recycle Center: Closed through April 24th
The Nixa Recycle Center is closed for the duration of the Mayor's Stay-At-Home Order (thru April 24).
Nixa Building Inspections: Open and Ongoing
Nixa Police: Station closed to the public but fully operational
- Please visit NixaPolice.com if you need a record request, property inquiry or other forms which may be completed online rather than visiting the Nixa Police Department.
- No public fingerprints will be taken at the Nixa Police Department. We recommend you conduct a web-search for other businesses in the area which may still be providing fingerprinting services.
- The citizen ride-along program is suspended until further notice.
- Nixa Police are not responding to routine medical calls.
- Nixa police will try to take call for service over the phone for non-emergency cases including but not limited to:
- Animal Complaints
- Delayed Reporting of Auto Accidents
- Civil Matters
- Juvenile Problems
- Miscellaneous Ordinance Violations
- Violations not in progress such as peace disturbance, property damage, and theft
- Nixa Police will still be on patrol and will still respond to calls for service. However, we will attempt to respect the social distance recommendations made by health officials. If Nixa Police respond to your home, our officers will ask that you meet them on your porch and maintain 6-10 foot minimum distance. This effort is intended to limit officer exposure to potentially infected persons as much as possible while still providing police services and maintaining a healthy police department.
- Instead of coming to the station to report any issues, we encourage people to call Dispatch first at 417-582-1030 and to request phone contact from an officer. In case of emergency, as always, please call 911.
Nixa Parks: The X Center is closed
UPDATE on The X Center Fitness Memberships and the COVID-19 pandemic. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic, the following changes will impact fitness memberships at The X Center.
- Paid in Full and 90-Day Memberships: Membership expiration dates will be extended by the number of days The X Center is closed.
- Monthly Installment Billed Memberships: Membership expiration dates will be extended 14 days. April billing will not be processed. At this time, billing will resume May 1st, 2020.
We will continue to reassess as this ongoing situation continues to evolve and will notify you of any future changes.
If you have any questions, please contact Nixa Parks and Recreation at email@example.com.
- Nixa parks playgrounds are closed. Please, no groups of 10 or more should be interacting at any Nixa Parks facilities. Maintain social distancing (stay 6 feet apart from one another) to minimize potential spread of coronavirus.
- Nixa Parks are postponing programs including volleyball, soccer, flag football, as well as enrichment and group exercise classes through at least April 24th, to resume normal activities beginning April 25th. The Spring Break Camp program will continue, but we will be cancelling all field trips for this program. We are continuing this program so that parents will not be left struggling to find another childcare option.
- The City of Nixa has closed The X Center, the home of Nixa Parks, to the public. The facility will be closed March 19th through April 24th as a precautionary measure to prevent the spread of COVID-19. You may reach Nixa Parks with questions about the closure at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Driver Testing At City Hall: No testing through April 6
- The Missouri State Highway Patrol is not currently offering written or driver road testing at any of their locations, including Nixa City Hall, through April 6th. Learn the latest at the Missouri State Highway Patrol website.
The City of Nixa also supports the Christian County government, the Nixa Public School District, the Nixa Chamber of Commerce and other community organizations which have made hard decisions with intent to prevent the spread of the pandemic and minimize its impact on our community.
We will continue to work in coordination with our partner agencies, as well as the state and federal government, to monitor this evolving situation and to ensure our response actions are based on the latest facts. We will communicate updates to the Nixa community as the situation changes and as we make additional decisions regarding our local response.