This page was last updated May 29, 2020.
UPDATE regarding city services:
- Nixa city offices: (City Hall, The X Center, Police Department, Nixa Utilities Billing Office, Nixa Recycle Center, Water Quality Office, and Public Works facilities) will re-open to the public on May 4th. We will be enforcing social distancing and cleaning/disinfecting best practices and city staff and visitors to these facilities are encouraged to wear masks.
- Parks and recreation:
- The X Center reopened May 4th with social distancing measures in place and cleaning and disinfecting best practices being followed.Tot-Drop will remain closed through May 31st to ensure CDC guidelines are met for social distancing, but Tot Drop will open June 1st with a maximum capacity of 8 kids (Children will be required to have their temperature checked). The gymnasium will open, however social distancing must be maintained, no pick-up games will be permitted. No day passes or punch cards to The X Center will be sold at this time.
The Aquatics Center will open June 1st! There will be a 100 person maximum at the Aquatics Center. If you have purchased a season pass to the pool, your season pass will be refunded. No season passes will be sold, however daily admission and punch cards will be sold. A punch card does not guarantee entry into the pool.
- Playgrounds at Nixa Parks facilities were opened on May 18th.
- Summer Camp will begin effective May 4th in a limited capacity. Summer Camp will be limited to 20 participants per week. With capacity to increase over time. You can register by contacting Nixa Parks and Recreation.
- Membership Billing: Members of The X Center were not and will not be billed for April or May 2020. Membership billing will resume June 1st, 2020.
- Spring Sports: We are cancelling spring sports (soccer, volleyball, and flag football) and will be fully refunding all participants 100% of their registration fees.
- Summer Baseball/Softball/T-ball program has been pushed back nearly 5 weeks. Staff has changed the registration deadline for the single season of baseball/softball/t-ball to May 13th. This will put the practices for this league beginning the week of June 1st, and games beginning the week of June 15th. This change in season dates means we will not be able to offer a second season of baseball/softball/t-ball as we typically would in late July and August.
- Nixa Utilities: The City of Nixa wishes to provide relief for Nixa Utilities customers in the form of utility bill deferment.
- Nixa Utilities are temporarily suspending utility disconnections through June 1st. If you need more time to pay your utility bill, you must complete a payment plan application form by June 1st.
- No new interest or surcharges will be added to any utility consumption or utilization accounts until the earlier of either the state of emergency declared by the City of Nixa related to the COVID-19 pandemic, or June 1, 2020.
- City Council have authorized a utility deferment program for commercial and industrial customers during the COVID-19 state of emergency. This is intended to assist businesses with potential catastrophic cost or revenue loss resulting in the potential loss of the business or the retention of its employees during the pandemic related emergency shut down. To learn about details and eligibility of this program for your business, contact Nixa City Hall by sending an email to email@example.com
The City of Nixa also supports the Christian County government, the Nixa Public School District, the Nixa Chamber of Commerce and other community organizations which have made hard decisions with intent to prevent the spread of the pandemic and minimize its impact on our community.
We continue to work in coordination with our partner agencies, as well as the state and federal government, to monitor this evolving situation and to ensure our response actions are based on the latest facts. We will communicate updates to the Nixa community as the situation changes and as we make additional decisions regarding our local response.