Traffic Alert: Intersection improvements at 160 & South St. to begin week of July 6
Drivers can expect lane closings, street closings and potential delays at the intersection of U.S. Route 160 (Massey Boulevard) and South Street in Nixa when a project to add turn lanes and new traffic signals begins the week of July 6, the Missouri Department of Transportation said.
Here’s a look at the project:
- Widen southbound Route 160 by extending a second southbound lane through the intersection of South Street (The second southbound lane will end just south of South Street.)
- Add right-turn lanes at each corner of the intersection
- Add a sidewalk on the south side of South Street between West Street and Route 160 that connects to the existing sidewalk on the northeast side of the intersection
- Replace traffic signals with new signals to accommodate the new southbound lane and turn lanes. New signals will have flashing yellow arrows for left turn lanes.
- Lane closings where crews are working during lower traffic volume times
- South Street closed for up to two (2) days for storm drain pipe installation. Road closing will be announced well in advance of the traffic impacts.
- Crews and equipment close to traffic in areas
The project is scheduled for completion by early November 2020.
The prime contractor is D & E Plumbing of Nixa.
MoDOT and the city of Nixa are sharing the cost of the project.
The total estimated project cost is $1.45 million.
(Weather and/or construction delays will alter the work schedule)
(For more information, call MoDOT in Springfield at 417-895-7600 or visit www.modot.org/southwest)