Nixa Police implement precautionary measures in response to pandemic
In the best interest of the health and safety of our community, the Nixa Police Department is implementing precautionary measures in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Effective immediately, Nixa Police will be scaling back on responding to routine medical calls. The police will also take some calls for service over the phone including but not limited to:
- Animal Complaints
- Delayed Reporting of Auto Accidents
- Civil Matters
- Juvenile Problems
- Miscellaneous Ordinance Violations
- Violations not in progress such as Peace Disturbance, Property Damage and Theft.
Nixa Police Officers will still be on patrol and will still respond to calls for service. However, we will attempt to respect the social distance recommendations made by health officials. If Nixa Police respond to your home, our officers will ask that you meet them on your porch and maintain 6-10 foot minimum distance. This effort is intended to limit officer exposure to potentially infected persons as much as possible while still providing police services and maintaining a healthy police department.
Instead of coming to the station to report any issues, we encourage people to call Dispatch first at 417-582-1030 and to request phone contact from an officer.
In case of emergency, as always, please call 911.
Thank you for understanding and for doing your part to help us prevent COVID-19 in our community by practicing social distancing and limiting in-person contact as much as possible.
UPDATE March 18, 2020:
- Nixa Police are also announcing further changes in operations due to the pandemic.
- Please visit https://www.nixa.com/.../police.../administrative-services if you need a record request, property inquiry or other forms which may be completed online rather than visiting the Nixa Police Department.
- No public fingerprints will be taken at the Nixa Police Department. We recommend you conduct a web-search for other businesses in the area which may still be providing fingerprinting services.
- The citizen ride-along program is suspended until further notice.