City of Nixa taking precautionary measures in response to pandemic
The City of Nixa is taking precautionary measures to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic in our community and minimize its impact.
The following are changes to our daily operations that the Nixa community should be aware of:
- Nixa Utilities are instituting a bill payment deferment program as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Payment for Nixa Utilities bills are still due according to the due date on your bill, however, no one will incur late penalties until May 1st and we will not shut off utilities for unpaid accounts until May 1st.
- Nixa Utilities is encouraging customers to pay online rather than visiting the utility billing office, so we will provide a $5 credit if you pay online in March and another $5 credit if you pay online in April. Also, if you sign up between now and April 30th for automatic ACH deductions, we will give a one-time $25 credit to your account. (ACH allows us to automatically deduct your payment each month from your checking account).
- Nixa Municipal Court is rescheduling all cases which had been set for March 26th hearings. Those cases are all rescheduled to May 14th. This action is per an order from the Supreme Court of Missouri.
- Nixa Parks are postponing programs including volleyball, soccer, flag football, as well as enrichment and group exercise classes through at least March 31st, to resume normal activities beginning April 1. The Spring Break Camp program will continue, but we will be cancelling all field trips for this program. We are continuing this program so that parents will not be left struggling to find another childcare option.
- The X Center will begin closing an hour earlier than normal each day now through March 31st for additional disinfection and cleaning above and beyond the ongoing cleaning which we do every day throughout the day.
- The X Center will cancel reservations for events and groups of 50+ people which are currently scheduled now through March 31st. Tot Drop is also cancelled until April 1st.
The City of Nixa also supports the Christian County government, the Nixa Public School District, the Nixa Chamber of Commerce and other community organizations which have made hard decisions with intent to prevent the spread of the pandemic and minimize its impact on our community.
We will continue to work in coordination with our partner agencies, as well as the state and federal government, to monitor this evolving situation and to ensure our response actions are based on the latest facts. We will communicate updates to the Nixa community as the situation changes and as we make additional decisions regarding our local response.