About Golf Cart Permits:
On August 27, 2018, Nixa City Council passed ordinance 20-400 allowing the use of golf carts on city streets with certain restrictions.
A golf cart is defined as a motor vehicle that is designed and manufactured for operating on a golf course for sporting or recreational purposes and that is not capable of exceeding speeds of twenty (20) miles per hour.
Per city ordinance, the following requirements must be met and followed:
- Golf carts may be operated on streets where the speed limit does not exceed 25 mph.
- Operators may cross excluded streets, but otherwise may not operate on any excluded street.
- Golf cart may not be operated on any state highway.
- All operators must have a valid state operator's license. (section 20-221)
- All operators must have a valid City of Nixa permit attached to the rear of the golf cart. (section 20-401)
- All operators and passengers shall be seated while the golf cart is in motion.
- All operators and passengers shall be restrained by seat belts or child safety seats.
- All golf carts must be operated in a safe and responsible manner.
- All golf carts may be operated during daytime hours only.
- Golf carts may not be operated at speeds in excess of 20 mph.
- All golf carts must be insured and proof of insurance must be available upon request.
Golf cart permit fee = $15.00 per calendar year
To obtain a permit, you must provide your insurance company and policy number.